Located a few meters from this geographical enclave, under the sea, rest the remains of a ship from the Roman era, which followed the trade route between Tarraco and the Port of Tortosa.
This beach was declared a space of natural interest by the Generalitat de Catalunya in 1992. It is a space that houses one of the wet areas of the Catalan coast. It hosts unique species associated with salinity variations, some of them highlighted by their conservation status.
Although archaeological studies are lacking to confirm it, the remains of pottery and other utensils found in the area suggests that in times even before the Iberians, groups of people spent seasons in that area looking for food that the sea gave them.
The Costa de l'Ametlla de Mar Battery, popularly known as Las Fortifications, was part of the fortification of the Catalan coast during the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939), by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Second Spanish Republic. The location of this military complex is given by its privileged situation dominating the entire Gulf of Sant Jordi. The Costa de l'Ametlla de Mar Battery has three firing platforms to locate the shells and 4 entrances in the interior. Two entrances are on the main road and were used to supply the magazine and the spare rooms. The remaining two are located at the ends of the firing platform and supplied the shells with ammunition.
The wet area of the beach of Santes Creus was declared a space of natural interest by the Generalitat of Catalonia. This figure not only takes into account the beach and its lagoons of this space but also includes the Puerto de l'Estany, the maritime zone up to the depth of 30 m giving coverage to the seagrass beds and the entire stretch of coast to the tip of l'Àliga.
Throughout the tour, from the fortifications of Port Olivet until the end of the term, to the beach of l’Águila, we will find trench-shaped excavations that, like the previous one, belonged to the Republican side.